Technology | Digital X-Rays | Translluminating Caries Detection Device | Intraoral Camera | Digital Impressions | Ultrasonic Scaler | Paperless Charts | Zoom Whitening | 3D Image Dental Technology
The Ultrasonic scaler is used for an effective removal of plaque and calculus from the teeth, as well as removing bits of inflamed tissues on the walls of the gingival crevice. The tips supply a high-frequency of vibrations of about 18 to 50 KHz for an efficient removal of deposits from the teeth.
The ultrasonic scaler removes deposits such as bacteria, tartar and plaque. It also washes the gingival pocket, using the water stream to remove debris and soothe inflamed tissues.
- The unique benefits of the ultrasonic scaler include:
- Efficient removal of plaque and tartar.
- Faster and efficient treatment time even in cases of heavy deposits.
- It is soothing, with less traumatic tissue experience, because of its non-sharp edges.
- The water flows throughout the process to keep your mouth clean, which minimizes the need to rinse during scaling.
- It easily removes stains.
Why it’s better than manual scaling for some people
Ultrasonic scalers are more effective and efficient compared to manual scaling tools for people with larger build-up on their teeth. It efficiently removes plaques and tartar off your teeth with the speed of its vibration. Unlike the experience with manual scaling, there’s no feeling of metal scraping teeth. Its tiny tips can easily access regions that are unreachable while using manual scaling tools.
It is efficient for higher levels of tartar build-up
Ideally, the ultrasonic scaler is the best option to remove heavy builds of plaque and tartar due to its faster and efficient mode of operation. It is faster and easier than the use of manual scaling tools. Due to its small size, they can easily reach below the gums, reach into the grooves and are much better on the tooth surface for the removal of plaque.