Technology | Digital X-Rays | Translluminating Caries Detection Device | Intraoral Camera | Ultrasonic Scaler | Paperless Charts | Zoom Whitening | 3D Image Dental Technology
We use an Ultrasonic scaler to effectively remove plaque and calculus from the teeth and remove bits of inflamed tissues on the walls of the gingival crevice. The tips supply high-frequency vibrations of about 18 to 50 KHz for efficiently removing deposits from the teeth.
The ultrasonic scaler removes deposits such as bacteria, tartar, and plaque. It also washes the gingival pocket, using the water stream to remove debris and soothe inflamed tissues.
- The unique benefits of the ultrasonic scaler include:
- Efficient removal of plaque and tartar.
- Faster and more efficient treatment time, even in cases of heavy deposits.
- It is soothing, with less traumatic tissue experience, because of its non-sharp edges.
- The water flows throughout the process to keep your mouth clean, which minimizes the need to rinse during scaling.
- It easily removes stains.
Why it’s better than manual scaling for some people
Ultrasonic scalers are more effective and efficient than manual scaling tools for people with more extensive build-up on their teeth. It efficiently removes plaques and tartar from your teeth with the speed of its vibration. Unlike the experience with manual scaling, there’s no feeling of metal scraping teeth. Its tiny tips can easily access unreachable regions while using manual scaling tools.
It is efficient for higher levels of tartar build-up
Ideally, the ultrasonic scaler is the best option to remove heavy builds of plaque and tartar due to its faster and more efficient mode of operation. It is quicker and easier than the use of manual scaling tools. Due to their small size, they can easily reach below the gums, get into the grooves, and are much better on the tooth surface for removing plaque.